Secondary Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
At The Mead Teaching School we offer a School Direct Programme in conjunction with West Wilts Alliance (WWA) to provide a unique experience for our School Direct trainees. Training takes place throughout 7 schools meaning we are able to offer a diverse range of expertise, across a variety of educational organisations, all within a seven mile radius.
Why train with us?
- All our schools are graded as good or outstanding by OFSTED
- We have a track record of strong outcomes for students
- We have thriving sixth forms offering A level and BTEC experience
- Special Educational Needs and Alternative Provision students are exceptionally well provided for
- We have excellent Able, Gifted and Talented provision
- Vertical and horizontal pastoral and house systems ensure very strong pastoral teams
- We can offer excellent Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes both within our schools and across WWA
- Some of our schools are Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme (TEEP) Schools so trainees can take part in TEEP training and plan lessons according to TEEP principles
- We have excellent facilities across all our schools and offer a variety of popular after school provision for students
- We enjoy numerous links with local, national and international businesses and companies
- Our students benefit from close relationships with a variety of educational institutions outside of WWA and Higher Education Institutions.
What to expect…
- Training delivered by outstanding practitioners
- A school based PGCE programme
- Huge opportunity to develop the rigour, professional knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to be outstanding practitioners
- Training input from staff within WWA and Bath Spa University
- Full access to Bath Spa University facilities and resources
- Highest quality support from staff within our schools, the West Wilts Alliance and Bath Spa University
- All trainees will be welcomed as full members of the staff team and will engage in all aspects of school life including professional development days, monitoring and evaluation activities, extra- curricular activities and community events
- Support from staff in WWA and its schools and Bath Spa University
Successful applicants will work within the West Wilts Alliance schools.
Schools involved are:
* The Clarendon Academy, Trowbridge
* The John of Gaunt School, Trowbridge
* Kingdown School, Warminster
* Lavington School, Market Lavington
* Melksham Oak Community School, Melksham
* St. Augustine’s Catholic College, Trowbridge
* St. Laurence School, Bradford on Avon