Secondary Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
At The Mead Teaching School we offer a School Direct Programme in conjunction with West Wilts Alliance (WWA) to provide a unique experience for our School Direct trainees. Training takes place throughout 7 schools meaning we are able to offer a diverse range of expertise, across a variety of educational organisations, all within a seven mile radius.
Why train with us?
- All our schools are graded as good or outstanding by OFSTED
- We have a track record of strong outcomes for students
- We have thriving sixth forms offering A level and BTEC experience
- Special Educational Needs and Alternative Provision students are exceptionally well provided for
- We have excellent Able, Gifted and Talented provision
- Vertical and horizontal pastoral and house systems ensure very strong pastoral teams
- We can offer excellent Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes both within our schools and across WWA
- Some of our schools are Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme (TEEP) Schools so trainees can take part in TEEP training and plan lessons according to TEEP principles
- We have excellent facilities across all our schools and offer a variety of popular after school provision for students
- We enjoy numerous links with local, national and international businesses and companies
- Our students benefit from close relationships with a variety of educational institutions outside of WWA and Higher Education Institutions.
What to expect…
- Training delivered by outstanding practitioners
- A school based PGCE programme
- Huge opportunity to develop the rigour, professional knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to be outstanding practitioners
- Training input from staff within WWA and Bath Spa University
- Full access to Bath Spa University facilities and resources
- Highest quality support from staff within our schools, the West Wilts Alliance and Bath Spa University
- All trainees will be welcomed as full members of the staff team and will engage in all aspects of school life including professional development days, monitoring and evaluation activities, extra- curricular activities and community events
- Support from staff in WWA and its schools and Bath Spa University
Successful applicants will work within the West Wilts Alliance schools.
Schools involved are:
* The Clarendon Academy, Trowbridge
* The John of Gaunt School, Trowbridge
* Kingdown School, Warminster
* Lavington School, Market Lavington
* Melksham Oak Community School, Melksham
* St. Augustine’s Catholic College, Trowbridge
* St. Laurence School, Bradford on Avon
What are we looking for?
Please get in touch to hear more about our Schools Direct courses
Full details of our Schools Direct courses can be found on the UCAS website. Or please call Kyra Ings (Mead Teaching School Administrator) on 01225 759273 for further information or email us using the button below.