The ELSA initiative was set up with recognition that ELSAs should receive regular professional supervision from an educational psychologist.
Group supervision sessions facilitated by Linda Mallory, CSL Educational Psychologist. These sessions will support the work and professional development of already endorsed ELSAs allowing them to maintain accreditation.
- To joint problem solve with peers working in similar situations and contexts
- To provide the opportunity for reflective practice, supportive challenge and personal support
- To gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the psychology of emotions in children/young people and know how this presents as behaviour
- To provide an opportunity to share thoughts and feelings about complex cases within a safe environment
- To develop new and existing skills and competence
- To safeguard the children and young people who ELSAs work to support by improving quality
Target audience: Primary and secondary ELSAs
Facilitator: Linda Mallory, CSL Educational Psychologist
Monday 7th October 2019
CSL Member Schools: £20
Charge provides access to all 4 sessions