This course will help schools deal with challenging behaviours. You will learn to effectively and appropriately manage disruptive, risky or extreme situations using appropriate de-escalation and positive handling strategies.
- To provide staff with a range of caring, acceptable and effective physical interventions
- To promote the safety of both pupils and staff at moments of crisis
- To work directly with schools to deliver behaviour management training from experienced former teachers
- To help staff to understand the Education Act in relation to “the use of reasonable force”
- To provide an enjoyable team building approach to a serious subject
Facilitated by: William Wright, Tim Powells Consultancy, William has 30 years teaching experience, including roles as Head Teacher and LEA Behaviour Support Advisor. The training spans the age ranges and has been effectively delivered to primary, secondary and special schools.
Target audience: School teachers, teaching assistants and pastoral staff.
Monday 2nd December 2019, 9.00am – 3.00pm
CSL Member Schools: £75