One of the biggest challenges facing school staff is supporting the Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs of children whilst managing proactively and safely the challenging behaviours that can be presented.
- Do you work to support vulnerable children and young people?
- Are you faced with challenging behaviours and scenarios?
These supportive, discussion based workshops will:
- Provide peer supervision to those working with the most vulnerable children
- Provide professional peer challenge
- Explore case studies in order to develop a greater understanding of the pupils we work with
- Adopt a circle of support to problem solve
- Develop strategies and practical tools when working with children demonstrating evidence of SEMH
Facilitator: Dr Carolyn Crowley, Educational Psychologist, Wiltshire Council
Wednesday 11th November 2020, 9.30am – 2.30pm
· School staff working to support Looked After Children (LAC) – Free of Charge
· School staff working to support other vulnerable children – £40 for attendance at all 3 sessions
Session 1 will be a remote delivery via Microsoft Teams with future meetings delivered in line with current Government guidelines. Should a face to face meeting be held the venue will be The Hub, The John of Gaunt School, Trowbridge, BA14 9EH