I am currently Head of School at The Mead Community Primary School and prior to that was English Lead at The Mead for 9 years. I have a wealth of experience in developing and enhancing rich and engaging experiences through English and in supporting other colleagues to develop practice and provision for their children.
Some of this experience has involved targeted support for individual teachers in other schools, leading training for Graduate Teachers, colleagues within school and providing INSET for other schools.
I have also led training on Phonics for Gloucester and Bath Spa University and facilitated training sessions for visiting teachers as part of The Mead’s Teaching School work.
I am passionate about securing excellence in teaching, learning and assessment in English and can offer you support in the following areas:
- Developing a rich and engaging literate environment
- Finding ways to develop role play, storytelling and drama opportunities
- Supporting teachers with curriculum planning, teaching and assessment in English
- Supporting the use of assessment and feedback to identify next steps in pupils’ skills development
- Using assessment data to understand key priorities in English
- Supporting new English subject leaders to develop their role
- Securing early reading and writing skills through provision in Early Years and KS1
- Enhancing the teaching of phonics